COST: Kshs 15,500
In the public sector, procurement is important since public schools are immediate beneficiaries of public resources or taxpayers’ money which is supposed to be properly accounted for and therefore, procurement function plays an integral role in the management strategy. The Public Procurement Course for Education Institutions is short course which aims at equipping participants with knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them participate effectively in the procurement of goods, services and works in their institutions of learning.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Deputy principals, deputy head teachers, heads of departments and Senior teachers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
Explain importance of Procurement in Schools
Describe public procurement process
Explain the functions of procurement committees
Explain various methods of procurement and their appropriate threshold
Understand the challenges and ethical issues in the procurement Proces
Understand Requirements of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal (PPAD) Act 2015
- Introduction to Public Procurement
- Organization of the Procurement Function In Education Institutions
- General Procurement Rules for Public Institutions
- Procurement Procedures and Methods
- Administrative Review of Procurement Proceedings
- Disposal of Stores and Equipment
- Ethics and Procurement in Institutions of Learning