It is charged with the responsibility of managing human resource as the most valuable asset of the Institute. It also manages central registry of the Institute.
The functions of the department includes:-
- Coordinating recruitment and placement of staff;
- Providing training and development for all employees;
- Identifying Training Needs;
- Conducting staff performance appraisal and coordinating performance appraisals of other departments;
- Initiating and coordinating welfare activities;
- Advising and interpreting Human Resource Policies and regulations;
- Handling disciplinary issues;
- Participating in human resource consultancy services;
- Managing employees relations;
- Managing employees exit; and
- Managing general and Human Resource Registry.
- KEMI complies with non-discrimination in advertising, interviewing, recruitment, volunteerism, internships, training and promotion of people with disabilities.
- KEMI is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for all positions advertised