Mode of Learning – Online
Learning Duration: 4 Weeks (120 Hrs)
Starting:…… Ending: …..
Payment Details: To cover tuition and training materials only.
COST: Kshs 15,500
School Guidance and Counselling service is an integral part of teaching and learning. Learner interests and attitudes are taken into account in assessing their potential and suitability for learning. The purpose of this school Guidance and Counseling course is to impart specific skills and learning opportunities in a proactive, preventive manner, ensuring all learners can achieve school success through academic, career and personal/social development experiences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Heads of institutions, Heads of Guidance and Counselling, Guidance and Counselling teachers, teachers interested in Guidance and Counselling
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Enhance personal development.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic guidance and counselling skills.
- Explain the importance of school guidance and counselling services in terms of contemporary educational process.
- Plan the school guidance services in terms of educational, vocational and personal-social aspects of the guidance services for various needs
- Contribute to the mutual adjustment of students and the school community
- Prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century through academic, career, and personal / social development.
- Encourage facilitative, co-operative peer interactions
- Assists in developing effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Personal Development
- Introduction to Guidance and Counselling
- Counselling Theories and Approaches
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Counselling Process
- Counselling and Discipline in Schools
- Teens and Adolescent Counselling
- Child Counselling
- Different Counselling Contexts
- Crisis and Trauma Counselling
- Peer Counselling
- Career Guidance
Counselling of Learners with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Establishment and Management of Guidance and Counseling Departments in Schools