COST: Kshs 15,500
This course aims at enhancing participants' knowledge, skills and attitudes on guidance and counselling to enable them to promote learner’s psychological well-being, manage their environment and navigate through personal life challenges. A practical approach, sharing of best practices and experiential learning will be utilised in this training. Participants will be expected to present a final synthesis paper consolidating what they will have learnt. After completion of the course, participants will be expected to provide, coordinate, and promote accessible, quality and inclusive guidance and counselling services for a holistically empowered learner.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Heads of Guidance and Counselling Sections, Members of the School Counselling Committee and any teacher involved in guidance and counselling.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Enhance personal development through self-awareness.
- Demonstrate understanding of the concepts of guidance and counselling,
- Acquire basic counselling skills to effectively assist the clients cope with their issues.
- Apply theories and approaches in the guidance and counselling process.
- Establish and operationalize a guidance and counselling department in the learning institution.
- Consolidate final synthesis targeting guidance and counselling competences.
- Personal development
- Introduction to Guidance and Counselling
- Historical perspective of Guidance and counselling
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Counselling Theories and Approaches
- The Counselling processes
- Ethics in counselling
- Educational inquiry