The accounts division is currently headed by an Accountant. The functions of the department include:
The functions of this office include:
- Planning, developing and implementing Institute accounting policies;
- Computerization of accounting systems;
- Monitoring revenue collection and expenditure as approved by the council;
- Application of sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for Institute finances, assets, revenue/expenditure and costs;
- Accounting for special funds set up under various statutes, programmes and projects under special negotiated agreements;
- Management of accounting information which includes coordination and rationalization of estimates, annual appropriations and fund accounts
- Cash flow control and cost analysis;
- Payroll preparation including statutory deduction and submission;
- Preparation of financial statements;
- Management accounting including preparation of quarterly management reports;
- Maintaining fixed asset register;
- Preparing the institute’s budget estimates.
- Banking; and
- Handling external and internal audit queries.