The Division oversees the following programs:-
- Commercial courses.
- Induction courses.
- Development and review of curricula and instructional materials.
- Partnerships programs.
The school of management deals with the capacity-building courses for both newly appointed education officers and continuing capacity-building programs for managers seeking promotion.
Specifically, it is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating training for departmental programs;
- Conducting induction training for newly appointed education managers;
- Organizing and conducting management courses in tandem with the trends and policies in the education sector;
- Developing and reviewing curriculum for the capacity building programs;
- Developing instructional materials for training programs;
- Training managers in the private sector;
- Providing consultancy services in management;
- Preparing training reports;
- Preparing reports for performance contracting activities in the department;
- Conducting TNA for capacity building programs offered by the department;
- Training education managers on emerging issues in education such as gender, HIV &AIDS, alcohol and drug abuse, Peace and national cohesion;
- Reporting on HIV/AIDS mainstreaming activities in the institute;
- Reporting on gender mainstreaming activities in the institute;
- Implementing Kenya Vision 2030 flagship project on Science, Technology, and Innovation;
- Developing policies and strategies on topical issues;
- Writing articles for publishing in refereed journals; and
- Establishing partnerships and linkages on capacity-building activities.
The division is headed by a National Management Trainer.